Event Liability Programs
Event Liability Programs provide coverage for losses occurring at sanctioned events. These policies provide general liability coverage beginning at a $1,000,000 limit for each occurrence at approved events.
- Participant Legal Liability – Provides bodily injury and property damage protection in the event of lawsuits brought by participants. Insured must obtain signed waiver and release of liability forms from all persons allowed into the restricted areas.
- Products and Completed Operations – Covers bodily injury losses resulting from the sale of track products up to a $2,000,000 aggregate limit. (Does not include maintenance of competition vehicles).
- Spectator Liability – Provides protection in the event of claims for bodily injury or property damage brought by spectators.
- Personal and Advertising Injury – Covers false arrest, libel, slander, wrongful eviction and privacy.
- Unintentional Errors and Omissions – Protects against allegations of breach of duty in conducting the event – $50,000 sublimit.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You – Covers damage to rented premises as a result of promoter negligence – $300,000 limit for any one loss.
- Optional Increased Liability Limits – Liability limits up to $5,000,000 are available for an additional premium for each approved track.
Who Is Insured?
- Any person or organization involved in operating, managing, sanctioning, sponsoring or providing the premises for sanctioned events (this includes officials).
- Any participant, competition vehicle owner and competition vehicle sponsor in conjunction with approved sanctioned events.
Exclusions include, but are not limited to, the following: employment-related practices; pollution; intentional acts; damage to property in the care, custody and control of the insured; losses arising from the ownership, use or maintenance of any automobile.
Participant Accident Program
Participant accident medical coverage is provided for insured persons participating in racing events held at sanctioned tracks which include: practice, tuning and testing, qualifying for racing and driving schools that have been endorsed onto the policy and for which appropriate premium has been paid.
One Of Our Benefit Plans
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment:
(50% dismemberment scale)
|Accident Medical Expenses:
A deductible applies for each and every claim per insured person. The deductible can be waived subject to evidence of other valid and collectible insurance in some programs.
Who Is Insured?
Class 1 and 2
Driver participants and non-driver participants in a covered event which has been endorsed onto a policy and for which an appropriate premium has been paid and who has signed a valid Waiver and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement. Insured must obtain signed Waiver and Release of Liability forms from all persons allowed into restricted areas.
Drivers, mechanics, pit personnel, and officials of driving schools, but only while participating in a sanctioned driving school covered event which has been endorsed onto a policy and for which the appropriate premium has been paid and who has signed a valid Waiver and Release of Liability and Indemnity Agreement. Insured must obtain signed Waiver and Release of Liability forms from all persons allowed into restricted areas.
Coverage For Accidental Bodily Injury Of An Insured Person Is Limited To:
- The treatment or service of a legally qualified physician or surgeon, or a licensed or graduate nurse.
- X-ray examination.
- Confinement in a hospital.
- Ambulance transportation from the event location where the covered racing program is taking place to the location where initial medical treatment is rendered by a legally qualified physician or surgeon.
The insurance company will pay reasonable and necessary expenses of any services rendered within one year from the date of the accident, which are in excess of the deductible amount.
Please note: The information contained on this site is only a summary of the benefits provided. It is NOT a complete explanation of all policy provisions or specifics of the policy benefits. No coverage is extended and no representations are made other than what is stated in the policy. For a complete description of the program coverages, exclusions, and benefits, please refer to the policy.
|Hospital room and board will not exceed the semi-private room and board charge.Maximum amount payable for physiotherapy shall be $1,000.Only the cost to repair prosthetic devices, such as glass eyes, artificial limbs, and eye glasses, will be considered a covered expense.
||Exclusions include, but are not limited to, medical expenses incurred due to the following:
- Use of intoxicating beverages and/or narcotics
- Self–inflicted injuries, suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane
- Illness, disease, normal pregnancy or resulting childbirth, miscarriage
Coverage commences the day Michael Davis Insurance receives the completed application and premium, and terminates upon expiration of the policy. This period applies to both event liability and participant accident coverage.
Incident Report Forms
In the event of a fatality, spectator injury, or any injury requiring transportation to the hospital, immediately notify Michael Davis Insurance at 877-529-0077 or after hours and weekends at 216-401-1620.
It is the responsibility of the race director and the race promoter to see that any incident which takes place during a sanctioned event is recorded on an Incident Report Form and submitted by mail to Michael Davis Insurance no later than one day following the incident. Incident Report Forms will be made available at all tracks and events.
Membership Programs Available
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Admitted Rated “A-” VIII by A.M. Best
Participant Accident Provider
Best Rating “A+”
by A.M. Best
About The Program Administrator
Michael Davis Insurance is the official insurance program administrator for many motorsports programs including:
The motorsports programs listed above offer its members many excellent benefits provided through Michael Davis Insurance, the leading provider of insurance and risk services.